Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a day off...

I feel so at peace this am...because I have a day off...yeah!
It's gloomy outside and I am enjoying some coffee as I gaze at the dark green mountains close by. 

Maddy spent the night last night with me over here in Manitou and we watched 27 Dresses. It was a cute movie...My favorite part was "Benny and the Jets". They got drunk and sang it on top of the bar...it was hilarious. I totally enjoy having Madster over here! We were talking about how we feel we are staying in a tree house...so fun! 

Yesterday I did a recovery run in Manitou and man, my legs were super fatigued and pissed off still from yesterday's long run. I started off down a steep hill and thought "ok, my legs don't actually feel that bad...", but then I turned onto flat pavement towards downtown manitou springs and I suddenly felt all of the tightness in my legs...they felt like huge tree stumps, not wanting to move.  I just kept in mind that it would help them recover and will teach them to perform even though they're broken down.  Anyways, the weather was beautiful and it was a great way to start the day. 

I am feeling bad because I haven't seen my Camster in forever!! I am looking forward to stopping by today to see her! Oh and Jeff too...sorry buddy, didn't mean to leave you out there. 

No comments: