Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And so it has arrived...

Yes, I sort have been avoiding posting the obvious... maybe because in my mind I've been avoiding it too. The Pikes Peak Ascent is in 3 days! Geez.
If you don't remember...this is how I got into this mess.
A view of the death march..
I guess I feel as ready as I can be. I have mixed emotions...excited that it's finally here, can't wait for it to be over, wow- this is going to hurt and be a long one, and hum, I've never actually done a whole 14-er before. Did I mention the expo chaos CRC is a huge part of? Yes, tomorrow begins the set up for the 2-day endeavor down at Memorial Park in Manitou Springs. We'll have shoes, clothing accessories, all of the race day essentials. A very fun way to be a part of the Pikes Peak Ascent/Marathon...but lots of work for anyone involved with CRC:). John says he's going to have a heart attack and die at some point during the weekend and that I better be prepared to take over the store from that point on. Nice.

Trying my best to take it easy this week...a little bit of jogging...little bit of yoga; all preparing the body for Saturday. So excited to have some friendly faces up at the top waiting for me! Thanks guys!

Here's a cool article from the Wall Street Journal about PPA/M and trail racing.

Off to a flat, short run in Mantiou with Amber... race pics and recap to come for sure.

No comments: