Monday, January 25, 2010

zzzzz's...

I woke up feeling pretty rested after NUT weekend. I felt refreshed and content having had a change in my normal weekend routine. Around two o'clock, while at work, I started to feel super tired all of a sudden. I had eaten really well throughout the day (kobucha squash smoothie, fruit, spinach walnut turkey salad, kombucha tea)... slept well the night before... what could it be? Then I started looking back over the last 10 days or so and realized my workout regimen has been a little OC (out of control). Four out of the last 7 days have been double workout days (mostly run + yoga), and I can't think back far enough to remember the last complete day off from physical activity I've had. Hum, not good. So, instead of 90 min hot class after work, I came home and crawled into bed for a, what turned out to be, two hour nap. I totally passed out so I really must have needed the rest. I love being active, it's something I've done my entire life. Being physical is part of my daily routine, what gives me a spring in my step the rest of the day...however, sometimes the bod just needs a rest. I just hope I can stay present in my body to realize when those moments are.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you realized that you needed a moment to breathe and let your body catch up. I know the good feeling we get from staying active is addicting and we tend to not recognize when it is time to take a break.

Now that you are re-charged, you resume 'fully there'.

Jillian said...

Thanks so much for the confirmation:)...feeling much better today! Thanks for reading!:)

brownie said...

Rest is for the weak. Like Weird Al says, "I'll be mellow when I'm dead."

Ashley said...

Hey girl. Just checkin out your blog...I love your photography!! =)

HEAB said...

Hey Jilly-bean, is it okay if I call you that? Don't even know where it came from. :)

So happy to hear NUT round 2 went so well, and that you are listening to your body! Eating the right foods for you AND resting.

The creamer...the creamer...THE FREAKING CREAMER! I want you to know that I have cut out the SF vanilla Coffee-Mate. Bye bye. It's now been replaced with heavy whipping cream for the worlds BEST cup of coffee. :)