Tuesday, May 26, 2009

a true weekend...

was absolutely wonderful! It was full of adventure, rest, organization, and spontaneity!

On Sunday, Chelsea and I set out for quite the biking conquest...full of obstacles! New tires, a stuck chain, 26th street hill, and screaming IT bands made this quite the memory! Lunch with Mom and the Grandparents followed...then a chick flick alone in the cottage while listening to the rain ended the day:).

Monday am started off with probably one of the most memorable runs I've ever had. Dani, Christy, Staci and I set off from Green Mtn Falls and hiked up Mt Esther...then caught the Ring the Peak Trail...and found ourselves in a rain storm at the Catamount Reservoir...then hiked back down to Green Mtn Falls to Danster's house. Staci and I were totally cracking up as we found ourselves soaking wet, having to climb over wet logs, rocks and mud! This was such an amazing, challenging route where I felt so secluded- it was great! Everyone was a tad breathy...but then we realized that we were actually at about 9800 feet in altitude! Dani fixed us pizza's on grill and spinach salad...so yummy! :) Thanks friend. Pics of this will be posted soon:).

Later in the day I got hooked up with cable and internet- yay! No more silence in the cottage! The fam came over in the eve for some Nuggets action...a perfect way to end the weekend!

Today I went to the first yoga class i've been to in a month!! I know, I know...that's just what happens when you move, have to paint, set up crap, work, train for the upcoming 1/2 marathon...ya ya...i can come up with more excuses if you want?? Bottom line, I am definitely out of yoga shape and sore/tight all over...but that will soon change as there will be no more non-yoga stints.

2 comments:

brownie said...

We're thinking of doing a GMF to Manitou fun run, up and over Pikes Peak. With time bonuses for eating summit donuts. I'll keep you posted...

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Yay for no more non-yoga stints. :)