Monday, August 18, 2008

catching up...

Don't really know what to write about, but feel i'm due for an update just because. So lets see here... I spent all day Friday and Saturday working the Pikes Peak Ascent/Marathon Expo over in Manitou, and aside from the cold conditions...the atmosphere was quite fun.

Everyone was excited to tackle the beast but I don't think the Ascent racers knew what they were in for. Sleet...cold hail pellets to the head was what they got...once they got to A-frame. If they were one of the 1300/2000 people to get turned around...their 13 mile race up pikes peak, turned into a 20 mile half marathon. Beth walked up to me with tears in her eyes, and blue lips way over an hour after she finished. Poor thing...but she is a total stud and was one of the few in wave 2 to not be turned around at tree-line, and actually finish the race...you go woman!

The weather on Sunday, for the marathon, actually turned out to be much better. Even though it was still snowing on the summit, it was much more runable.

I think seeing all of these people go through such tough races has made me feel like I can definitely run a full marathon. I sometimes feel that it is my mind that is holding me back, not my body...which is probably more depressing than the other way around. Oh well...we'll revisit this topic at a later date...too tired to go into it further. :)

It was wonderful to get together with friends tonight for book club! We discussed the most recent book we read- 'Good in Bed' by Jennifer Weiner. I've read this book before, but it was great to revisit such a funny, entertaining read. We are reading the sequel to this book that actually just released in April of this year.

Good night, good night.

No comments: