To copy JT and post the facebook application: '25 Random things...'
1. When people ask me if I am from Colorado Springs, I say "yes, but I was born in Austin". The mentality behind that is that I feel so grateful to have been raised here in CO and live here now, but there's something inside of me that feels like my coolness is a bit justified being born in such a awesome place like Austin. If I was born in any other place in TX, I believe my answer to the first question would simply be "yes".
2. It took me a long time to learn how to swallow pills. I gag pretty easily. I still have to tilt my head back to swallow them sometimes.
3. I didn't drink coffee in the mornings until I moved in with Maili.
4. I consistently worry that I am missing out on fun and spending time with people I care about.
5. Still to this day I don't know what motivated me to get up on stage, almost naked, for the figure competition. For some reason I still see myself doing it all over again.
6. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder how I was so lucky to be given the family I have...especially to have the mother I do.
7. For some reason I can't call myself a runner. It's been nearly 2 years that I've been doing it consistently and training for a particular race goal. Maybe it's because for so long I couldn't, and didn't know how to run longer distances...or maybe it's because not a run that I've done yet has ever been easy. I work at a running store for heaven's sake.
8. Secretly I've always wanted to be either a photographer or a writer.
9. Sometimes I sit and seriously wonder how my life would be different if my dad was here.
10. I have to consciously bring myself back to the present...I have bad habit of looking too far ahead and not enjoying the moment.
11. It's weird...sometimes I think that my brother and I look very much alike, sometimes I don't think we look related at all.
12. My friends called me "chicken legs" in middle school.
13. When I sleep at night, I lay on my side and curl both my wrists up real tight and tuck them under my chin. When I wake up, sometimes they just kill! I can imagine that it looks kinda weird. My mom sleeps the same exact way.
14. When I was a baby, my mom and dad called me the "hot box" as I would get really cranky when it was too hot and I was sweaty. We lived in Austin at the time, so they had to try to make sure AC was somewhere close. It's funny because even today, I get a bit restless if I'm too hot for long periods of time.
15. Anytime I hear my brother play the piano I get teary.
16. I am extremely competitive when it comes to sports. I must either be winning, or working on winning in the future. :) How did this happen?
17. I interned for the Kansas City Chiefs my last semester of college. I got to drive to Arrowhead Stadium every day and have an office directly across from a hall of famer.
18. I sometimes deny it, but I too am obsessed with the Iphone...I just love that thing:).
19. 'Something's Gotta Give' is my favorite movie.
20. My mom has told me on more than one occasion that she thinks I could make some good money working at Hooters.
21. Once I set a goal, there is absolutely no stopping me to get there...(I write as I sit here icing my hurt IT band from training for my 1st marathon).
22. My parents gave me a basketball hoop for tykes when I was 3. I would wait in the driveway for my dad to come home and play with me.
23. I am most flattered and feel most loved when people want to spend time with me.
24. I can eat cookie dough and batter of any kind to the point of nausea.
25. All of the women on my mom's side of the family either have 'jean' or 'marie' for a middle name (Jillian Jean, Julie Jean, Jeanne Marie, Maddy Jean, Erinn Marie, Shirley Jean).
1 day ago